Amanda Grant Smith, Penn Valley PA 1979

Amanda Grant Smith writes: One of the great tragedies of my life is my woeful lack of musical talent. I LOVE music, and my inability to make it frustrates me to this day. I marveled at how my brother could hear a song once and then play it on any instrument. My heart leaped when my boyfriend Billie would play Van Halen's "Eruption" on my answering machine. And I dated a steady stream of long-haired, guitar-playing guys-- in part to annoy my parents, but mostly because I wanted to live the dream vicariously through them since it was the only chance I had. November, 1979 was the closest I ever came. My brother had kept KISS' Dynasty album at the front of his record collection for much of the year. When I broke my arm at play practice (an accident which got me demoted from being one of the Von Trapp kids to being a "guest at the party.") I did my best to cheer myself up by emulating Gene Simmons and made a disastrous mess in the process. If only I had a pair of those spectacular boots I swear I would have looked just like him...



3 comments:

products said...

China Wholesalers has been described as the world’s factory. buy products wholesaleThis phenomenom is typified by the rise ofbusiness. Incredible range of products available with China Wholesale “Low Price and High Quality” not only reaches directly to their target clients worldwide but also ensures that wholesale from china from China means margins you cannot find elsewhere and China Wholesale will skyroket your profits.china wholesale productsbuy china wholesalewholesale chinawholesale productsbuy products

products said...

We offer designer , custom wedding dress, cheap cell phonescheap wedding dressesbridal gowns, wedding gowns, Flower Girl Dresses and so on. Buy tailor-made anddesigner wedding dresses designer to be a special brides now!

products said...

Wholesale Gemstone cheap Gemstone Jewelry from China, discount wholesale jewelry Beads, wholesale Gemstone jewelry cheapest Wholesale Naruto anime and manga cheap cosplay costumes, cheap Naruto cosplay costumes on sale, buy Naruto cosplay naruto online shop.Wholesale anime and manga naruto cosplay costumes, cheap cosplay costumes on sale, buy anime cosplay costumes online shop